Another key factor, says Corley, is that the word is an obscenity — that it is taboo. This problem is compounded by the fact that broadcasters are live on the radio, and therefore not allowed to swear. Basically, when someone thinks that they shouldn't say a word, the likelihood of them saying the word increases. The consonants 'c' and 'h' are not phonetically similar. Neither of these seems likely, which suggests it cannot simply be about sound similarity.
Even if the broadcasters did have a dislike for the foreign secretary, their mispronunciation isn't proof of it. By Chris Baraniuk. By Jessica Brown. I had this when I was at school. You can find our Community Guidelines in full here. Want to discuss real-world problems, be involved in the most engaging discussions and hear from the journalists?
Start your Independent Premium subscription today. Independent Premium Comments can be posted by members of our membership scheme, Independent Premium. It allows our most engaged readers to debate the big issues, share their own experiences, discuss real-world solutions, and more.
Our journalists will try to respond by joining the threads when they can to create a true meeting of independent Premium. The most insightful comments on all subjects will be published daily in dedicated articles.
Boris Johnson refuses to rule out firing ambassador who criticized Trump
You can also choose to be emailed when someone replies to your comment. The existing Open Comments threads will continue to exist for those who do not subscribe to Independent Premium. Due to the sheer scale of this comment community, we are not able to give each post the same level of attention, but we have preserved this area in the interests of open debate.
- A SOLDIERS RECOLLECTIONS; LEAVES FROM THE DIARY OF A YOUNG CONFEDERATE, WITH AN ORATION ON THE MOTIVES AND AIMS OF THE SOLDIERS OF THE SOUTH (1910);
- Handbook of Educational Data Mining (Chapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series)?
- Sampson on the Farm (Sampson the Kitten).
- What The Bible Teaches.
- Lundeeria: The Tale of a Journey to Another Land, Courage, and Compassion!
- Little Red Riding Hood.
- Imagination Is Our Workshop.
Please continue to respect all commenters and create constructive debates. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile. Subscribe Now Subscribe Now. Final Say.
- Here's why people can't stop calling Jeremy Hunt the C-word | WIRED UK.
- 2013 Fine Art Calendar Contemporary Abstracts, Portraits and Flowers: United States Holidays & Phases of the Moon!
- SAT Wars: The Case for Test-Optional College Admissions?
- Ultrasound of the Urogenital System.
- THE SHEKINAH GLORY.
- Jeremy Hunt hits out at presenters who keep calling him 'Jeremy C***'?
- Adventures of Jerrix the Cat. Volume 4..
Long reads. Lib Dems. US Politics. Theresa May. Jeremy Corbyn. Robert Fisk. Mark Steel.
Jeremy Hunt slams presenters who keep calling him 'Jeremy C***'
Janet Street-Porter. John Rentoul. Chuka Ummuna. Shappi Khorsandi. Gina Miller. Our view.
- Watch more.
- Jeremy Hunt tells broadcasters to 'grow up' for repeatedly calling him 'C**t'!
- No Pity: People with Disabilities Forging a New Civil Rights Movement.
- Her Montana Man (Mills & Boon Historical);
- Navigation menu?
- Jeremy Hunt tells broadcasters to 'grow up' for repeatedly calling him 'C**t'.
Sign the petition. Spread the word. Steve Coogan.
BBC News Navigation
Rugby union. Motor racing. US sports. Rugby League. Movers List. Geoffrey Macnab. Tech news.
Selecting a new Tory leader
Tech culture. News videos. Explainer videos. Sport videos. Black Friday. Transfer News. Premier League.
Jeremy Hunt gets called Jeremy C**t live on TV, again
Champions League. Rugby Union. Horse Racing. A List. ES Magazine. Staying In.
community.hipwee.com/map37.php TV reviews. Music news. GO London. Great Days Out. ES Best. ES Shop.